Monday, January 8, 2018

Creative Jumpstart, Jan 7

Today's video demo is from Rae Missigman: A Recipe for Color and Resist. Rae makes lots of gelli prints using this method of drawing with a resist (crayon) then gelli plating, pulling 2 or more prints from her plate. She adds glazing medium and white paint after the first pull. Who would have thought I'd have so much trouble getting crayons? None at the dollar store, none at the corner or grocery store, and neither neighbour (who have kids) had any… Finally found a package today a fair distance away. I didn't want to scribble with the crayon so I did a few tries with Zentangle patterns. The first was done with white and didn't turn out well. After that I used coloured crayons and could at least see what I was doing. This is really the only set of pulls I was a bit happy with… I don't mind the ghost print. I think this isn't quite as easy as it looks, or, I'm being too critical...

1 comment:

Cath Sheard said...

I had trouble getting this to work too - my crayons weren't waxy enough. I like the prints you pulled because they show the hand of the maker.