Sunday, May 14, 2017

Artful Adventures Stroll Challenge - Day 5 - Shiny

Today's challenge was to capture the word "shiny". I didn't go far today because I had a busy day with friends at a workshop dyeing paper with Indigo ink. I found "shiny" in my own back yard where I have some small circular mirrors (called Dancing Mirrors) hanging to reflect the light as they spin in the wind. Beautiful all year round when they reflect on the snow, or on the grass and flowers. Even on some dull days they pick up light and reflect it around. I had saved one of the broken circle mirrors so I've added bits of it to the journal page painted with metallic silver, copper, and Color Shift Red - all shiny! I added a piece about the history of mirrors from an old book, and two quotes that found inspiring: "There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it." (Edith Wharton); and, "You use a glass mirror to see your face; you use works of art to see your soul." (George Bernard Shaw)

1 comment:

Nathalie Kalbach said...

I love the quote and that you incorporated the broken mirror!