Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Zentangle Challenge #141 - Duo-tangle: Fengle & Quandry

I'm happy to announce that I'm now a CZT (from CZT12)! My husband and I drove from Toronto, taking a leisurely, picturesque route through Vermont to Providence, then after the course, spent a few days in Cape Cod, then drove back through New York State. We had stunning weather, interesting and beautiful scenery, good conversations, wonderful food and accommodations... But the highlight for me was the CZT course! Rick and Maria and family were amazing teachers/mentors; the course, hotel, food was fabulous beyond my expectations; and other "students" from all over the world were fun, interesting, lovely people! I'm even more enthusiastic about Zentangle than I was before I went. Highly recommended if you haven't done it yet. So, this is my entry for this week's Zentangle Challenge (from Laura at www.iamthedivaczt.blogspot.ca). This challenge is to do a tile using the two tangles Fengle and Quandry. Fengle, I love... Quandry - not so much. Like Tripoli, I think Quandry looks wonderful when others do it, but I keep getting out of the pattern and lost. I know it's a tangle that I need to keep trying - so thanks again for another challenge that takes me out of my comfort zone. It's all good!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! and your tile is beautiful!

Unknown said...

Congrats on your CZT!!! Some........day.........I hope to make it to one!!! I love your tile, it is beautiful!! :0) Peace be Yours

NancyD said...

Congratulations fellow Canadian. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed the course. I am in the November class. Great Zentangle design. NancyD

Annette P.-L. said...

Congratulations on your CZT!! Your tile is wonderful! Especially your Fengle is absolutely gorgeous!

Tinkered Art said...

Lovely tile, I'm right with you on Quandary - always a challenge! Congratulations and welcome fellow CZT. One of these days I hope to return just because it is such an amazing experience.

adela -looking at now said...

Congrats on your CZT and your lovely tile.
Ellen Wouters has a vid on Youtube that really takes the guess and the mess out of Quandary. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6O157ohw0hc

Emilie Beauce said...

Very nice tile! It's like a group of stars with it's stardust flowing behind!

Didisch said...

Hi Sue, You did a great job on your fengle. It was really great in Providence, and after I was home I found out that Sue's Owlings is inquisitive-Sue. So we met each other without knowing. And I agree with you, it is highly recommended to attend the CZT course. After the course we stayed 2 days in Newport, before flying back to the Netherlands.

Greetz ! Diana

Anne's tangle blog said...

Congratulations!!!!! Your tile is beautiful.

Sue Clark said...

Congrats on becoming a CZT! It's a wonderful experience and a warm and caring group to be a part of. You can't explain the energy and experience of being there until you are a part of it. Your tile is lovely, and I share your feeling about Quandary!

Tangles and More said...

Like your shading and enhancement of Fengle. I find Quandry easier than Tripoli. I like though how yours drifts off. Reminds me of falling leaves. Congratulations on attending the seminar in Providence and joining the ranks of CZTs. I am glad that I went last year.