Friday, October 4, 2013

Zentangle Challenge #138 - Fun with Borders

I love Zentangle because it gives me the chance to put pre designed patterns together in a creative way, and to sometimes come up with a different tangleation or way of presenting it. I'm not so good at seeing a pattern in everyday things and reinterpreting them, and frankly am not so interested in doing that. I have played with a couple of patterns over the past year that could, I suppose, be a new tangle, but as I said, it's not something I've spent much time or energy on. So this challenge was a real challenge for me. However when I was out for a walk yesterday I concentrated on looking around me and finding potential patterns and borders - much to my surprise, they are everywhere! When I got home, I found a pattern on a towel that caught my attention, and so I tangled on a piece of watercolor paper I've cut into Zentangle bookmarks. The pattern is very similar to the band across the bottom, and then I played with some variations and embellishments. Don't love the bookmark, but it is rather a cool pattern.

No comments: