Sunday, January 6, 2019

Creative Jumpstart Jan 06: Sandra Evertson

Wood burning for the home. I have a “Hot Tool”, but haven’t used it for much. Because I’m using Creative Jumpstart as a journaling exercise, I wanted to incorporate wood burning into a journal page rather than adding another object lying about the house. I have a book of paper thin wood pages so I stamped my own homemade stamp of a cat face and burned that. It worked quite well! I also burned a couple of wood tags I found at a dollar store - also worked well. And, I used a stamp designed by Cherryl Moote on my journal page and burned that - again, worked well! I painted and used a stencil for the background to tie it all together.

4 comments:

Nathalie Kalbach said...

How cool and what a nifty idea to use the wood pages and incorporate it into your journal!

Unknown said...

Great idea! and I love your cat...

Gloria j Zucaro said...

a very creative way to do the deemo project!

Unknown said...

Great idea! I might just "borrow" it! Your cat stamp is wonderful, as is the entire piece.