Thursday, September 20, 2012

Zentangle Challenge #87: "String Theory v. XII: Pinwheels for Peace v.II"

This week's Zentangle Challenge (www.iamthedivaczt.blogspot.ca) was to use a pinwheel for our string - in celebration of International Day of Peace, Sept. 21, 2012. My first pinwheel string (or pattern) is a quilt pinwheel... it turned out fussier than I would have liked. Tangles used are: H2O Lilly, Facets, Trimonds and Rose (Rose is supposed to have the accent over the e, like the blush colored wine, but I can't figure out how to do that on my computer).
My second pinwheel is simpler - two tangles: Tortuga, and Efilys
The third is from a pattern I found by browsing through google images of pinwheel coloring pages. This was my favorite to do, and out of the three tiles, I managed to do four new to me tangles. I've had a lot of fun with this week's challenge! The tangles I used in this third tile: MI2, Archer, Golven, Lokomotive, Yabbut and Huggins (and woodgrain for the post)

10 comments:

Didisch said...

Well Sue all your tiles are beautiful. The 1st one has a great coloring touch. The 2nd one has great depth, it looks so reel that I have the feeling I haveto take it and run with it through the wind. And then the 3rd one. I can see you had a lot of fun with this one, its definitly my favorite too. Great tangles and a perfect drawing of a pinwheel.

Greaat :)

Jennifer Gayle said...

I love the different perspective on your pinwheels. They're beautifully done!

Helen said...

Lovely! The perspective on the 2nd one looks great :)

North County Film Club said...

What a great idea...to use a pinwheel quilt pattern! It's beautiful. And so are the others.
Barbara

Alice said...

very nice! you have a lot of variety here, and you learned some new patterns. i really like the color in the first :)

Kreanimo said...

Oh the second one is so cool, drawn on a stick!

Unknown said...

Wow--I love all three of these! The first and second really grab you, so beautifully done!

ledenzer said...

What gorgeous moving tangles! I find them to be amazing in design!

Lutka And Co. said...

All three are amazing! So much detailing. The quilt one is so creative - nice!

Anne's tangle blog said...

All three so beautiful, but like Didisch, the second one makes you want to run in the wind with it.