Sunday, November 8, 2015

Zendala Dare #115 + use tangles that start with (all or some) letters: THANKS

I wasn't too fond of this week's Zendala Challenge from Erin at www.thebrightowl.blogspot.com, because I thought there were too many spaces and awkward ones at that…. But I try to do all of the Dares, and I was frankly quite surprised and pleased with my end result with this one. Goes to reinforce that you never know where Zentangle is going to take you! I initially wanted to use tangles for all the letters in the word "THANKS" (which was part of this week's dare), but I decided to stop without using an H or an N, and I'm happy that I left the open space! I'm not sure why it looks like the paper is blue - it's not - it's off-white water-colour paper; but I kind of like it blue!

6 comments:

Jean Chaney said...

Oh, I do love that open space. I agree that it would have been very busy if you used all the letters suggested. Lovely!

Carmela said...

I also are sometime surprised wen i see the outcome of my creation.
Yours is beautiful, also the bleu color.

Jennifer Sparrow said...

I had the same reaction to the challenge, Sue! I like the open space and the contrast between angular and curvy tangles. Thanks for participating this week! You have given us a lovely piece to enjoy!

Anne's tangle blog said...

So, this lovely blue paper is just coming for free :-) I like it!
I also like what you did, especially the second 'ring' makes it special.

Annette P. (aka LonettA) said...

Wonderful and very elegant zendala! So lovely on the blue paper!

Cindy Dy said...

This is just the information I am finding everywhere. Thanks you, I just subscribe your blog.


Yen
www.gofastek.com