Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Zentangle Challenge #229 - Guest, Sandy Hunter "+/-"

This week's Zentangle challenge at www.iamthedivaczt.blogspot.ca, by guest blogger Sandy Hunter is to leave some white space. I used to be good at this, but as I find more and more tangles I love, I find I'm filling everything in, so this is a good exercise for me. I used a flame template, but didn't think it showed well, so I echo'd it…. Does that count as white space? And I had to shade it, so maybe not so white anymore. Anyway, great challenge!

12 comments:

Lee Darter said...

I love that whispy tangle in the middle, what is it's name? Nice work!

The Yorkshire Tortoise said...

Great negative space, I had to laugh at your remarks about echoing it and shading it, but I think it still counts as negative space because the eye is still drawn to it.

Pat Mathes said...

Great tile. Love the patterns and had to smile at your echoing.

Didisch said...

Beautiful tile. It is strange how things go, like you tell that white space was never a problem, and now you are challenged to do so. I think you did a great job that perfect fits the challenge although that doesn't matter realy, you had fun, and made a great piece.

Jenny Cooper said...

Lovely tile! It seems that we all battle to "step away from the tile"!

Antonine said...

Oh, I'm quite sure your white space counts! I love this!

Tangles and More said...

Nice job. Your flames actually remind me of a tiara. It is nicely framed by the tangles and brings it out.

Karen Lynn said...

What a beautiful tile! Your white space really stands out. I love that the white space is shaded.

Annette P.-L. said...

Absolutely beautiful tile! It´s perfect for the challenge!

Anne's tangle blog said...

For me, there is white space in this lovely tile! Well done.

jeanchaneyaz said...

I like how you really made the white space a focal point, and I think you did exactly as suggested by the challenge!

Kreanimo said...

At the first glance the white space looked as a bird. Love your tile!