Monday, October 1, 2012

Zentangle Dare #25

This week's template from Erin at www.thebrightowl.blogspot.ca reminded me of something industrial so that is what I intended, though I'm not comfortable with steampunk. However, after putting in Girdy, some other tangles called and now it has sort of a native/industrial feel. At any rate, one of my goals was to use all "new to me" tangles, so this is how it turned out. There was a lot of intricate line work and coloring in which took way more time than I should have spent on it (oh well, house cleaning can be done tomorrow). I drew out another copy of one of the smaller templates so if I have time, I'll work on that later in the week. I can't wait to see what others have done with this template.

8 comments:

Kreanimo said...

I like how this one turned out. It is quite busy, but it doesn't bother me at all.

faith1110 said...

Very grand and striking, Sue. I'm glad your comment brought me here!:-}}}

Anne's tangle blog said...

Your zendala is beautiful! I love Charlie in it, makes a great balance.

Unknown said...

Feels electric! Charlie is perfect and the rain and lightening bolt make it sizzle--great job!

OHH said...

ELECTRIC!I love this Zendala.I downloaded the template minutes ago and was wondering what to do with it it looks like you found yo Zen here.

Phoenix said...

I love the play of black and white with the touch of brown- beautiful! :)

Didisch said...

I agree with you Sue. When I first saw the template I was thinking wow this is a great template for steampunk tangles. But I have now experience with this tangles so I stuck with the ones I know. And I found it rather difficult to do the job. You did a great job, I love the way you used the tangles and the colors in the middle. Beautiful! :)

Rita said...

Nice! I think it looks like lightning or electricity pulsing through it! Wow! ;)