Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Zendala Dare #109

This is for this week's Zendala Dare from Erin at www.thebrightowl.blogspot.com. I really like this template, but agree with her that the outside parts seemed a bit awkward, so I added in lines to make leaf-like petals around the edge. I haven't used Ixorus or Braze in a really long time, and I'm glad I re-discovered them! Not liking the way I shaded Braze because it doesn't look like I wanted it to, but then again, it has a very different look and that's one of the great things about Zentangle - NO MISTAKES - and it's ever so forgiving and surprising! This tile is done on white water-colour paper, but looks blue in the photo - I wish it was blue; the photo looks better! I'm off to Glasgow and Belfast for the next week and a bit, so I'm going to miss next week's challenge, and may not have time to view and comment on the entries until I get back. That's the thing about traveling… I love it, but dearly miss the Zentangle time, and of course, my cats….

6 comments:

Carmela said...

Lovely tile and lovely colors.
The pattern in my outher ring names Ovy ;-))

jeanchaneyaz said...

How pretty! I like what you did with that outer edge by making it leaf-like. And, even if the blue isn't blue, it's pretty that way!

Down the Rabbit Hole said...

Oh! I love the yellow! And I like the leaf like petals around the edge.

Anne's tangle blog said...

I love this zendala and it's beautiful soft colors!!!

Karen Lynn said...

I really like what you did with this zendala, especially the leaves around the edges.

Jennifer Sparrow said...

Beautiful leaf shapes and highlights! Bon voyage!