Sunday, February 15, 2015

Zendala Dare #96

This week's Zendala Dare was a challenging one, I thought. Love these dares and challenges though - they make me a bit uncomfortable, yet stimulated. I did the outside bits first, got stuck and was just about to set this particular dare aside when an inspiration came to me during a yoga class (yeah, I know I'm not supposed to let my mind wander…). And so again I'm reminded that it is best to just let the tangles just happen rather to try to plan it all out and try to find new or perfectly complimentary tangles… It doesn't show well in the scan, but the colours are a bit more intense, the printemps has a sepia tone, and there is blue between the flowers and the border. I'm quite happy with this one, and to me it feels like a bit of a rock garden….

6 comments:

Annette P.-L. said...

Fabulous zendala! Great choice of tangles and lovely soft colouring!

Christina said...

I love the it's turned out. I have to admit I'm a little intimidated by this template. Perhaps I'm overthinking it too! Thanks for the minder and a very lovely tile.

Tangles and More said...

Nice work. Like the pastel colors and like the Meers in the outer border.

Anne's tangle blog said...

You did very well, Sue. I agree with you that this one was not easy but ... very rewarding in the end.

Dragonfly-Artz said...

Beautiful Zendala and wonderful choice of tangles.

Alice said...

i can't believe how similar our zendalas look - and i hadn't looked at any of them online until now. love those flowers!