Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Zentangle Challenge #200 - Bi-Zen-Tennial Celebration! Use your Mac'N'Cheese in a mono tangle

In this week's Zentangle Challenge we are to use our go-to or Mac'N'Cheese tangle - something that we keep going back to, and use it in a mono tangle, and somewhere put in the number 200. Well, I have lots of favourite tangles that I use a lot, but Inapod is one of my first and favourites. I like it because of the flow - the way it's drawn out -, and I like the the way each segment is a bit off-kilter and not exactly like another. I'm not sure that I love it as a mono tangle. This is a deceptively easy challenge - deceptive because I'd think using one tangle would make it easier… but I find it's actually quite difficult to fill a whole tile with one tangle and keep it interesting. I'm really interested to see what the rest of you have done with this challenge!

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, Sue, this is really delightful. The composition is lovely and by having a solid monotangle with "bits", it looks like more than just one tangle. Really nice interpretation!

ArtyZen said...

You've done a great job with 'Inapod' and it works really well as a monotangle. Axxx

Karen Lynn said...

I love what you've done with Inapod. Great way to do a monotangle!!

Ilse said...

I love Inapod, could have chosen it as well! You made a great monotangle with it.

Shelly Beauch said...

Magnificent inapod!

SuzyMosh said...

Great pattern choice

Chrissie said...

Nice one Sue, I'm quite a fan of Inapod too :)

Anne's tangle blog said...

I like your Inapod with the aura's a lot.

Annette P.-L. said...

Wonderful tile with Inapod! The red 200 gives a nice accent!

David Hunter said...

Love it Sue. Occasionally your first glance at a Tangle makes your eyes do a happy dance. Your tiles does. Beautiful work. Love your Inapod parade. Giving 200 a pod of its very own is brilliant. Your auras are spectacular, so smooth and evenly spaced. Good stuff.

Kia said...

I always think Inapod looks like there are eyes looking at you out of the pod - well, alien eyes, I guess as there are three. Lovely tile - I especially like where you have put the 200 and it looks great as a monotangle

Unknown said...

Kia and I are on the same wavelength. I first thought of alien eyes opening in the dark :) Great tile!

Tangles and More said...

Nice use of Inapod. Like the depth you created with the auras.

Lynell Harlow / Dreamweaver Stencils said...

hahaha! love the red 200 peeking out of the pod! What a fun creation! Very celebratory!