Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Creative Jumpstart, Jan 9

Today's video for Creative Jumpstart is by Andrea Gomoll: Recipe for Funky and Colorful Watercolor Mixed Media Projects. I took her advice and used what I had on hand rather than going out to buy… so, my choice of water-colour was the palate shown, a metallic palate. And since I'm doing this in a mixed media journal, the paper reacted differently than a water-colour paper would. And, I don't do faces, so this is the Zentangle tangle called Phicops. No spray paint, no moulding paste… I concentrated on the background. I may try this "recipe" on a piece of water-colour paper sometime with better paints, and more steps...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This is lovely, Sue! It reminds me of the Sydney Opera House! I love the colors and flow of your background!

Cath Sheard said...

Got to agree with April re the Opera House. I think it turned out great. I'm not buying any supplies, but shopping in my own stash too :-)

Florence Turnour said...

Nice!