Saturday, January 6, 2018

Creative Jumpstart, Jan. 5

The video today for Creative Jumpstart is by Michelle Rydell: 7 step journal recipe. I LOVE this technique - 7 steps… it gives structure yet leaves lots of room for interpretation. For this journal page I followed very closely to what Michelle did, including striping the background paints, choosing three magazine (in my case, old diary) pictures, used circles for the background, and followed mostly her examples for "doodles". (note: the black arc at the bottom of the page is not part of the page - it has curled and this is a deep shadow off page…). I'm sure the next time I follow this "recipe", I will use a bit more of my own creativity, but I'm very happy with the way this turned out, and, I learned a lot!

2 comments:

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

Your page is beautiful Sue! I love the images you chose - the way the cat is looking at the bubbles is fabulous! Thanks for trying out my recipe!

Donna said...

Great page Sue! Very cute!
D~~~~