Thursday, January 4, 2018

Creative Jumpstart - Jan. 4

Today's video was from Michelle Ward - Let's Have Take-Out. Very cool background sheets! Basically, cover your page with Gesso and let dry. Apply a thin not too wet layer of paint colours (smudge or brayer to even out and blend edges), then, using a (sturdy) stencil, remove some of the paint with baby wipes. The first picture is a sheet I did, probably not waiting long enough for the Gesso to dry. Next time I would choose different (better) colours. The second page is an inspiration combination from today's exercise and from a post on the Show and Tell from yesterday (#38). I LOVE marshavalk's use of a mask (her's is a silhouette of a woman) over a painted or gelli plate page, then painted black. Take a look at it! I used a piece of gelli printed paper I already had, and used a bird mask. I painted the background a deep blue, then used a couple of stencils to remove the background paint. Then with a thick multicoloured pencil, I started writing the poem "The Raven" by Edgar Allan Poe across all of the page…. I'm really happy with this, and have played with two new techniques today!

1 comment:

Florence Turnour said...

Nice! I'm having fun with this technique too. :D